Annual Breakfast and Summit Awards
Port of Tacoma Annual Breakfast
New game, new team
Hear the State of the Port from CEO John Wolfe and a keynote address by Eric Boles, former NFL player and motivational speaker/author. We will also recognize Summit Award winners.
Date: March 25, 2015
Time: 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.
Place: Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center, 1500 Broadway, Tacoma
Register: Tickets cost $50. Register online by March 18.
Each year we recognized our strong, supportive relationships with customers, tenants and stakeholders by honoring three with Summit Awards at our Annual Breakfast. Nominations for 2015 awards are closed.
The awards recognize outstanding contributions to Port business and our community in three categories of leadership:
- Business Magnet recognizes business development efforts or investments that led to an increase in business volume or new business opportunities for the Port, and had a positive economic impact for Pierce County citizens.
- Environmental Stewardship recognizes a project, program or initiative that promoted sustainability in Pierce County, and honors biodiversity and the interconnected nature of industry, people, wildlife and natural systems.
- Livable Community recognizes a project, program or initiative that made a positive contribution to Pierce County through social responsibility. Criteria include philanthropy and charitable giving, community service and employee volunteering, community engagement and outreach, and employee development.
Recipients are chosen by a panel of community and business leaders, led by a Port commissioner. Along with recognition at our Annual Breakfast, recipients receive:
- a Summit Awards plaque to mark the organization as a top performer
- listing on a plaque at the Port's administrative offices as a Summit Award winner
- inclusion in Port communications